Friday, January 17, 2014

It's not goodbye

My experience leading up to leaving for four months has been quite interesting. It's been a dream of mine to study abroad since high school, and I made a promise to myself when I entered college that I wasn't going to let anyone or anything keep me from seeing the world.

Studying abroad truly was just a dream and now that it keeps getting closer and closer it's becoming more and more real, along with every emotion. I've been very up and down, to say the least...You should all feel bad for the people that have to deal with me daily. The other day I yelled at Michael for losing something that actually wasn't missing (and I was the one that misplaced it), I'm lucky he's so patient. I can go from laughing, to crying, to being mad because someone breathed in the wrong direction, back to smiling and laughing all in 3 minutes flat. It's so fun. I'm rambling. Anyways...I am absolutely stoked to get to Guatemala and start this journey of self discovery and exploration, but I am also dreading leaving my friends and family, being away from the people I've created a comfortable life with. It's a strange sort of limbo that I'm stuck in.

What it all boils down to though, as A.A. Milne said, "how lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard." If I went back 2 and a half years, I would never have been able to dream up the life that I'm living right now and the people that are in it. I have built the most remarkable friendships that have a bond so tight, my love for my family grows every day, and I met an amazing guy that I love like crazy. 

I am happy to be where I am today and while this is going to be the scariest and most difficult thing I'll ever do, it will also be the most breath-taking, mind-blowing awesome experience I'll ever have. How lucky am I to have the best teammates imaginable to share it all with? Boo yah. And the countdown begins, 10 days until I embark on the adventure of a lifetime!

It's see you later,
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment