Thursday, January 23, 2014

You jumped

I sit here this morning, drinking my morning coffee reading the blogs of my favorite girls who are breaking down barriers and learning how to live in another country. Alone. They are my role models. 

I am a planner. While I am also good at being spontaneous and changing plans at any time, I like to know initially what I'm doing when I'm doing it. And in 4 days I am doing a cannon ball off a cliff into the unknown. I will be moving into a home with strangers who speak another language. I will be alone. And that's scary. But it will be okay. Actually it will be f*cking fantastic. 

I sit here in the comfort of my own home. My cat in my lap, the fire on, and my parents sitting next to me. I am content here, I am safe. And while I am here I get pictures of Emma's pussing toes (ew), I admire her for how outgoing and strong she is, making friends 10 times faster than I ever could and forgetting about her sore feet due to pure joy. And then I get a message from Zoë telling me about her sketchy, moldy apartment and how "homey" it is beginning to feel. I admire her for her adaptability and bravery. You girls are my happy place and I can't wait to carry your stories to the other side of the globe with me. 

I will have the time of my life. I will see things that will make my jaw drop to the floor. I can't wait. Time for me to jump. 

Cowabunga! 
Hannah 

No comments:

Post a Comment